Posted by Alex Fisher, Tuesday, November 12th, 2019 @ 10:54am
WVFF Board members remain interested in supporting our general membership's ability to determine whether or not any significant amount of funds could be used for a particular project or not. The Grande Ronde property acquisition initiative is now included in this process. Jim Athearn, past President of IEFFA has today, been informed of our club history of decision making in this regard. Importantly, it has now been determined that WVFF will have the time to do that.
On our next Membership meeting (Thursday November 21), members will be able to review this initiative, consider the pros and cons, then decide for themselves. Toward that end, your Board members hope that as many of you as possible are able to attend that meeting.
That particular meeting will have other important issues to address such as new Board member nominations, our revised website and planning for our annual Auction Dinner.
Please note that our club will remain vibrant only if its members continue to become involved.
Posted by Alex Fisher, Saturday, November 9th, 2019 @ 8:26pm
We have been asked by the Inland Empire Fly Fishing Club to contribute to the Wild Steelhead Coalition's effort to purchase 8 acres of land just 2.5 miles west of the mouth of this great river. This property offers excellent river frontage and access.
The Coalition will become the temporary owner until WDFW sets up the property as ermanent public camping.
A private owner has offered this parcel to be developed as a public camping site before considering a much more lucrative sale for other purposes.
WSC has put down nonrefundable earnest money set to expire at the end of this month. The property sale price is $25K, with an additional $5K allotted to environmental studies and real estate fees. IEFFC will fund an additional real estate attorney review of this transaction.
Our Board was aware of this situation and was considering offering $3K if $27K had already been allocated.
The majority of the Board has affirmed this contribution and we had hoped to present the details in our upcoming members meeting on 11/21 for their approval.
Yesterday, I was informed that the deal is ready to be consummated, if we help WSC with the remaining funds.
As President, I have decided to direct our Treasurer to go ahead and send the funds to WSC, anticipating that our membership would likely approve, even if only with a slim majority. Our customary review process is a bit more cumbersome than this particular transaction could afford.
An opportunity to ask more questions about this or to throw a couple of rotten tomatoes will be afforded each of you at the next session, listed above. Please attend.