- This event has passed.
Blue Lake April 23-26 Opening Weekend
April 23 - April 24
- Take Hwy. 97 north past Omak and Riverside.
- About 5 miles past Riverside turn left on S. Pine Creek Road.
- In about ten miles it turns into Fish Lake Road.
- After driving above Fish Lake the road turns north and is called Sinlahekin Rd.
- Stay on this for about five miles. Blue Lk. is the next body of water on the left.
- Look for WVFF members’ rigs in the south-end campground area. Some WVFF members arrive Friday and stay for the weekend, but you can also just come for a day’s fishing Saturday or Sunday.
Camping is basic/ rustic with a pit toilet. You’ll have to haul your garbage out and there is no potable water or power. Bring a folding chair and if you have wood for a fire, please bring it along and we’ll spend time around the campfire (not too close) sharing fish tales.
A 5wt. for Chironomids, Brownish/Black Leeches, Buggers, Damsel nymphs, Callibaetis dry and nymph and Water Boatman.